ACADEMY SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAM
• Many of the school children don’t eat every day because their families have very little money. Sometimes they are given “cakes” made from mud to satisfy their hunger – this has no nutritional value at all and promotes diseases due to contamination.
• Many children were fainting from hunger at School Assembly before the Feeding Program was started.
• In the last three months, we have fed 16,802 school children at a cost of about $600 a week. Usually the meal consists of rice and beans and this might be served with coconut and a vegetable sauce. At present meals are provided three times a week but hopefully this can be increased to every school day if we can raise sufficient funds.
• A dedicated kitchen has been built for this program and a few Haitian women and men are employed for cooking and supervising these meals.
• Nourishment of the brain and body is essential for the children to benefit from the education they are given.
• Save your lose change – it’s amazing how it adds up and remember that just a few dollars can make a huge difference to a starving child.
• Your generosity is, as always, very gratefully appreciated.
• More information can be obtained from Marianne Herbert (email@example.com)
PLEASE HELP THE FEED MY LAMBS MINISTRY TO FEED THEIR ACADEMY SCHOOL CHILDREN
How can you help?
If you would like to donate to this very worthy cause, please contact Marianne Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or deposit donations directly into the Feed My Lambs HSBC U.S dollar account # 010-876795-501 and clearly mark it for the Academy School Feeding Program.